Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Lump on the right side of my beardies head, just above ear.

Customer Question

Lump on the right side of my young beardies head, just above ear. Came up suddenly, wasn't there this morning.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the bear's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** about 4 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ozzie?
Customer: I don't think so. Everything has gone very smoothly with him.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you post a picture of the area. I visual will help me to assist you.

Do you leave any live prey in the tank?

Joan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He has small dubia roaches in his bowl.
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

Thank-you! That is an oral abscess. He will need to be seen by a Herp Vet to have it Drained. An abscess in Reptiles is a cheesey like material unlke what we normally see in other animals. It will have to be opened and clen out and put on an antibiotic. If you tell me what part of Canada you are in I can locate some Herp Vets for you. I also suggest you remove the sand or any loose substrate and replace with cage carpet. tile or paper. Sand is deadly. Dragons taste their environment and will ingest it eventually causing a blockage. My goal is to give you Excellent service and to earn a 5 star rating. Please sully tge area where you live so I can supply Herp Vets.

Joan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I am in Southern California,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Near Palm Springs
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

This is a list in So Ca: http://www.anapsid.org/vets/califs.html There are many specialist on this list that can treat your little Dragon. The notes showed you in Canada. Sorry about the mistake. If I have addressed your concerns, Please take a momment to rate my service 5 stars so I can be compensated for my answers.

joan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, Great, Thank You for the assistance.
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

Glad to be of help. These are common in Reptles. Please do not forget to rate the service.

Joan