Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

We bought Asian box tortoise and we just had it 3 days and I

Customer Question

We bought Asian box tortoise and we just had it 3 days and I believe it has respiratory infection eyes drying out and blowing bubbbles
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you tell me if the bubbles are from nose or mouth?

Any wheezing?

Any open mouth breathing?

Is the turtle eating?

Joan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

No

Yes

Yes

And no

Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

Thank-you for the information. This definitely sound like a Respiratory infection. Unfortunately the only way to resolve this is a Herp Vet visit for Antibiotics. I do suggest that you bump up the enclosure temps 5*, and make sure you give the turtle a good soak. If you supply a State I can locate a List of Herp Vets for you. I wish I could give you a Home treatment, but this is a common issue in turtles and if not seen can go into Pneumonia.

Joan