Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

Well this is my sons chameleon that I pretty much inherited

Customer Question

Hi! Well this is my sons chameleon that I pretty much inherited after he moved out a few months ago, but I've noticed his tongue looks very swolen and he doesn't extend it out to eat like he used to. I'm actually not sure how long this has been like this as he normally just crawls up to the container and eats so that I can't really see what he's doing.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the chameleon's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** I'm actually not sure of his age, but I think at least a couple of years old, maybe three.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Peter?
Customer: He seems very healthy otherwise, but I'm just learning about him and don't really know what else I should look for.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 24 days ago.

Sorry for the wait I just came on and had seen the question. I have some questions that will help me.

Can you tell em about the set up?

Automist in enclosure?

UVB light, How old, Linear tube or compact coil, strength and age?

Basking light?