Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

Just got home my bulb went out while at work. No movement

Customer Question

Just got home my bulb went out while at work. No movement eyes opened twice. Shallow breathing. No signs of any energy. Is it dying?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the reptile. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the reptile?
Customer: Not really for sure. I'm not the pet kind of parent my wife is but she's at work. Just trying to prevent it dying. I have two kids one six one five just trying to prevent this for them.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 28 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you tell me what type of Reptile you have?

What is the temp in the basking area, ambient temp and cool side?

Is the Reptile pale in color?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sorry overreacted my wife came home with a new lamp hand feed her water and some kale it's perked right back up to her active self
Expert:  Joan replied 28 days ago.

Please be cautious in feeding Kale it binds calcium and can cause issues if given as a staple food.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It wasn't much. She gave her a couple ripped up pieces then threw some crickets in the cage with her. Thank u
Expert:  Joan replied 28 days ago.

No Problem, I will have question closed.