Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

We bought our son a baby bearded dragon 2 wks ago. Pet store

Customer Question

We bought our son a baby bearded dragon 2 wks ago. Pet store sold us calci-sand to put him on in a 10 gal. tank. After reading, I took sand out and have been using paper towels. Basking spot says about 110 F and cool spot where UVB light is around 85 F. He has not been eating well, has not pooped in 2 days, and had a seizure this morning. The seizure was from mid-belly up. Noticed it in his front hands first. Gaping mouth during. He has eaten pin-head crickets, but only 6 or 7 since we brought him home. Is not interested in any veggies or fruit (I've only tried strawberries) All veggies and fruit are cut up tiny. Gave him some mealworms last night and he ate about 3, but only halves (other halves were left). The basking light is a small halogen in a small cover on top of screen top. UVB is 10.0 zoo med in ceramic dome on other side of the tank. Thanks!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if UVB will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about UVB?
Customer: It's a coil bulb, not a tube.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are you using any supplementation?
2) What veggies have been tried?
3) The front feet, were the toes twitching similar to someone clicking their nails on a flat surface?