Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Joan I talked with you about my beardie Aussie,you suggested

Customer Question

Joan I talked with you about my beardie Aussie,you suggested I change to the green reptile carpet,and I recently addes the 10.0 lighting for uvb light his basking area is at 105 cool area at 82 degrees .I bought baby food green bean and squash and also chicken to feed him along with the critical care diet how much and how often should I feed him,and have been bathing him at least3 times a week also adding sprinkle of calcium w/d3 he still does not seem to be getting better, also took him out side for sun exposure
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

The direct sunlight is good. You should try and get 2 cc in at least 3-4 times a day to keep him going. The soaks are good too. If he is not responding to anything we are doing. It may be time for a Herp Vet visit for blood work and an Xray. This may be a situation where there is something going on with the organs or internally, that needs to be properly diagnosed what is happening., We have pulled out all the ticks for an ill Dragon not eating. The Herp Vet can teach you how to tube feed if need be to make sure Aussie is getting enough nutrition. There is something more going on, that needs to be investigated. I can locate a Herp Vet for you if you supply a State. At this point if you have a Herp Vet, you may ask them to contact Dr. Doug Mader for a Consult. He is the authority on reptiles and reptile medicine and doses do consults. I am seriously concerned, there has not been any improvement. Please let me know if you need a List of Herp Vets and the State. My goal is to give you excellent service and to earn a 5 star rating.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Aussie. How is everything going?

Joan