Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

We rescued a house gecko from the cats and he's not as

Customer Question

We rescued a house gecko from the cats and he's not as sticky as he should be. We've been trying to let him rehab and trying to feed him crickets but he's not interested. He seems active and wants to be free but we're concerned he will fall. He started turning white today. We really want to let him go but want to make sure he'll be ok.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cricket?
Customer: It came from petsmart.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you provide a few clear photos showing the white on the gecko.
2) Is this body wide?
3) What was happening to him when he was found?