Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

We have a female dearded dragon who had eggs a few times she

Customer Question

Hi we have a female dearded dragon who had laid eggs a few times she laid a few weeks ago but since then she has hardly eating but drinking loads and when she moves she seems to drag her self she moves her back legs but not walking on them and just seems lifeless
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** were not sure on her age we think 6 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dexter?
Customer: Nothing else I can think of
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 3 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles.I'm sorry to hear of this problem. If you still need help, some additional information will be useful.

Does Dexter receive a calcium supplement? If so, how often?

What brand of UVB bulb do you have? How old is the bulb?

What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?

Has she been passing droppings?

Thank you.