Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

I just got home from my parents I only left for 3 days and I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I just got home from my parents I only left for 3 days and I think my bearded dragon is dead
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dragon?
Customer: His eye sockets are sunken in he's not moving at all and he has what looks like dried blood around his mouth
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Henry
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Henry?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When you attempt to gently touch Henry's eyes, is there a reaction?
2) When you move his legs, are they flaccid or stiff? Any reaction?
3) How long since he moved?
4) Can you provide a picture of his body and/or head?

I will do all I can to assist. If he is truly deceased, you can safely remove him, place his body directly into a plastic bag and place him into the freezer (if this is easiest) so that arrangements for his burial can begin after your parents return home.