Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My bearded dragon swallowed a rubber tube that was being

Customer Question

My bearded dragon swallowed a rubber tube that was being used to give put calcium supplements into his stomach. It is too far down to remove. Will he poop it out or does he need surgery?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vt tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile rescue.

I suspect the Vet may have to take some action to do an endoscopy going in through the mouth to try and grab or or it may require surgery. I am no sure if the tube can pass without doing some damage or causing a blockage in the intestinal tract. I suggest getting the Dragon in first thing in the morning to the Vet. He may try some laculose to try and get it to pass, but an Xray will be needed to make a treatment decision.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

How is the Dragon doing? was he able to pass the rubber feeding tube?

Joan