Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

He is lethargic and vomitting clear liquid, is this a real

Customer Question

he is lethargic and vomitting clear liquid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the reptile?
Customer: is this a real person or robot
JA: I'm an assistant to the Veterinarian. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: so vomitting is not a normal thing then. should we take him to see somone?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I am a real person. Vomiting and lethargy are not normal in any reptile. Let's see if we can figure out what is going on. Some additional information will be useful.What kind of reptile is this? How old?What temperatures do you maintain in the warmest part of the enclosure and the coolest?Has your pet been passing normal droppings?I may have some additional questions after I have this information.Thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.
It appears you haven't seen my request for additional information. Without knowing those things, I can only tell you that in answer to your direct question, yes, your pet probably does need to be seen by a reptile vet. This site has a directory of such vets:http://www.anapsid.org/vets/index.html#vetlistI can give you some general ideas of what could cause lethargy and vomiting. In lizards, feeding prey insects that are too large can be too blame. In snakes, it could be the result of handling soon after feeding. Best not too chilly can lead to a sluggish digestive system and vomiting in any reptile. So can parasites or bacterial infections. If a reptile is constipated or impacted, the same symptoms can result. A vet will be able to sort all this out and provide proper treatment.If you have more questions, just let me know. I hope your reptile will be fine.Anna
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Anna
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

Do you need any additional information? How is your pet doing now?

Anna