Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My Tortoise isn't eating and has a stone impaction.

Customer Question

My Tortoise isn't eating and has a white stone impaction.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the tortoise's name and age?
Customer: Roadrunner 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roadrunner?
Customer: We just noticed today as we soaked him. But he hasn't eaten in a few days which is very unusual for him.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if Roadrunner will be able to digest that. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you tell me what type of tortoise you have?

Where housed?

If inside do you have a UVB bulb, how old, linear tube or compact coil, strength and age?

Do you soak the Tortoise?