Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Our female beardie of 6 years died this morning. She went

Customer Question

Hi. Our female beardie of 6 years died this morning. She went really pale last night and beard very dark (she is normall grey) then found her lifeless this morning. Husband and i are really upset that something was wrong that we could of avoided. Any idea what may have happened. Was still eating and going to the loo and no mites visable
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

Condolences, My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

In order to assist you I need to find out about husbandry to determine what could have happened.

Can you tell me about set up?

Substrate?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?

Basking light?

Diet Veggies/Prey?

Supplements?

Temps in Basking area, warm side and cool side?

How were temps measured?

Were stools and Urates normal?

I can use these questions to determine if something may have effected the Dragon, but only positive way to know would be a Necropsy.

Joan