Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

Our yellow bellied turtles foot was caught in the filter

Customer Question

good afternoon, Our yellow bellied turtles foot was caught in the filter tube while we were away. The turtles foot is now swollen and we tried putting the turtle back in thw tank and it is not able to guide it self through the water. Should we bring it to a vet?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Please post a Picture of the foot and also a State to locate a Herp Vet.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am at work at this time but will in a few hours. I live in Illinois in glen Ellyn
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

Thank-you Let me locate some Herp Vets in Il. usually a situation like this does warrant a Vet visit for anti inflammatory.

Herp Vets:

Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?