Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

Tail is and scaley... patches falling off but tail looks

Customer Question

Tail is white and scaley... white patches falling off but tail looks raw..... have 3 turtles total. Have basking lamp have double filter as well....
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the turtle?
Customer: Other than that it seems fine..... tank has no smell relatively clean tank.
JA: What is the turtle's name and age?
Customer: Boulder and not quite sure of his age. 1-2
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

What type of turtle do you have?

Can you tell me about the set up?

Uvb, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age and brand?

Basking bulb?

Can you post a picture of the tail?

State to locate a Herp Vet if needed?