Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

Two weeks ago I had blood test done on my gold dust day

Customer Question

Two weeks ago I had blood test done on my gold dust day gecko, he seems to have gout. They poked him under his tail. Since then, his colors along tail from the point of the needle mark are all blotchy and his tail has been droopy and finally the last few days the tip of his tail is drying out..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the gecko's name and age?
Customer: walter, hes 4.5 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Walter?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.

Can you post a Picture of the tail?

Was it a Herp Vet who did the blood test?