Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

He is normally very active but past week he doesn't eat very

Customer Question

He is normally very active but for the past week he doesn't eat very much he does not move around is nearly breathing and he nearly opens his eyes. They look a little swollen
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the reptile. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: Hydro I'm not sure how old he is he is small thought I've has him for about 5 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hyder?
Customer: We just got him a bigger cage because and that is when this all started
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you tell me what type of Reptile we are discussing?

Tell me about Tank set up?

Substrate?

UVB light, how old, linear tube or compact coil, strength, brand?

Basking light?

Temps in basking area warm side and cool side?

How are temps measured?

Passing stool?

Diet Prey/Veggies?

Supplements?

Joan