Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My juvenile bearded dragon has been acting weird all of

Customer Question

My juvenile bearded dragon has been acting weird all of today. Almost like loss of balance, tilting her head to one side. Throws her head back occasionally. She has pooped twice that I have noticed today. A little watery too.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the head's name and age?
Customer: I haven't names her yet she is 3-4 months
JA: What is the head's name?
Customer: What??
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the head?
Customer: She is alert but rests and attempt to sleep but then gets moving again just jerky movement ..I have another one ( her brother ) and he is fine. And they eat and are house in the same manner
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the head. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long have you had both beardies?
2) Can you describe the enclosure? What type of heating is used? Lighting? Substrate? What is the temp of the hot spot? What is the low end/ambient temperature? What foods are you feeding? What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any? Be as descript as you can.