Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

Blood coming out of nose and mouth

Customer Question

blood coming out of nose and mouth
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem.

I suspect the reason no one answered before is that there is nothing you can do on your own. But I didn't want you to think you were being ignored. This is a serious medical emergency. It can be the result of injury or an internal disorder. Stitch needs to be seen by a reptile vet as soon as possible. You may be able to find one in this directory:

If you need more help finding a vet, give me your zip code, and I'll locate one for you. I hope you'll be able to get help, and Stitch will be fine.