Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I think my bearded dragon is dead he's all floppy everywhere

Customer Question

I think my bearded dragon is dead he's all floppy everywhere it feels like there is no bones or muscles in his body his beard is black as his his tail his eyes are closed he's unresponsive
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** only just 1
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Claude?
Customer: He's been pooping fine we gave him a bath yesterday and he did a normal poop with a white urine bit same as ever he was going into a shed eating fine as usual hasn't had anything today also he lost a toe a couple of months ago our local reptile vet gave us some antibiotics and he's been fine since
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come on at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. From what you have described, I'm afraid it does sound like Claude is dead to or near death. If he hasn't shown any sign of life by now, try pinching one of his back toes. There should be some reflexive movement in a live beardie. If there is, or if he has shown other signs of life, you can give him a soak in a shallow bath consistenting of 1/2 Pedialyte and 1/2 water at about 100*F. Be sure to supervise closely. If he turns out that he is alive, it would be best to see your vet as soon as possible. If you have more questions, just let me know. I'll be hoping for a good outcome.Anna
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Anna