Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a red eared slider and he has always been a big

Customer Question

I have a red eared slider and he has always been a big eater, but for the last 2 days he hasn't been eating the same.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be useful.How old is the turtle?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and in the water?What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?What do you normally feed? Any supplements?Besides not eating, does she have other symptoms: lower activity level, swimming lopsided, bubbles from her nose or mouth, repeated yawning, etc.?If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet since we are just beginning. Thank you.