Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

S beard is dark black and it goes all the way to s front

Customer Question

His beard is dark black and it goes all the way to his front legs. He's sleeping alot and he's not eating anything and he looks very skinny. 😟
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: All of it. I even went to a pet store and got like supplements like vitamins and calcium for him. But he won't eat anything.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the reptile. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's probably about 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Scaley?
Customer: Not that I can think of. He's by himself in the tank so we were thinking maybe he's just depressed and needs a friend in there with him but we're not sure.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you tell me about the set up?

Substrate?

Diet Veggies/Prey?

Supplements?

UVB light, how old, linear tube or compact coil, strength, and brand?

Basking light?

Temps in basking area, warm side and cool side?

Passing stool?

Joan

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well he did have a huge thing to climb on, and he's always got.food and water. For his food we've been using greens like collards spinach. I'm not exactly sure of the temperatures. I wasn't aware that we had to do that when we got him, but we got.him from a friend's daughter. He has both lamps that he needs and a heating pad built onto the tank for at night. I switched the rock because I read something online that said he may just be unappy and may need a change of scenere. He's wasn't use to be g held when we got him so we haven't handled him much. His stool looked like a big ball or something . Like the size of a dime. I went to the pet store and got crickets and worms and fruits and some vitamins for.him but hes.not eating anything. I'm really worried about him. I dont want anything happenin to him.
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

I need specifics on the Substrate. Are you using Tile, Carpet, Sand, Desert blend, or paper?

Need an idea on the temps. there should be 3 temp zones in the enclosure?

What is the size of the tank?

Oh and No you do not need a second Dragon. The only time two are in on enclosure is when breeding the femal is brought to the male and then removed.

Joan