PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 years experience in veterinary medicine, special interest in reptiles and arachnids.
8538164

He is not eating. He has had one meal worm on Monday night

Customer Question

He is not eating. He has had one meal worm on Monday night and that is all. We just got him Sunday so i thought at first it was just stress but now im worried.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the reptile can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the reptile?
Customer: No that's really the only worried at this point. He is still active when we get him out. I do know that the set up that we got him in is not even close to adequate for him at this point. That will change this evening.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.
Hi, JACUSTOMER, sorry about the delay in getting a response. I am a veterinary nurse with 15 years experience and I'll be happy to help you today.What kind of reptile do you have?What age is he?Has he eaten anything at all since you acquired him or is he just not eating insects?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, he is a Chameleon. He at one mealworms but it took us over an hour to get him to eat it.

I apologize for the delay, JACustomer, I did not receive notification that you had replied.

Have you tried any other infections such as horn worms? super worms? crickets? roaches? butter worms? wax worms? etc?

How old is he?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy