Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

Following up with my question about Sponge, my red ear

Customer Question

Following up with my question about Sponge, my red ear slider. I've always just used a 60 watt incandescent bulb as a basking bulb, but they've been harder to find, I was using an indoor spot bulb for several months, then maybe a month ago, it burned out, I used a halogen bulb that is supposed to be a replacement for a 60 watt bulb. I just realized it isn't very warm, so this afternoon I went to the pet store and bought a 75 watt Swamp basking Bulb by ExoTerra, and a 26 watt Reptile Tropical UVB Bulb, (CFL) also by ExoTerra. I feed her Tetra Repto Min floating sticks.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile Rescue. It does not show who you worked with, but I can assist you if you would like.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
You do need two bulbs a Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb. All others are just full spectrum. You can use any bulb for basking as long as it brings the area to proper temperature. The most important light is the UVB since it metabolizes the Calcium into D3 in the body. Please let me know if the answers your question.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?