Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

I recently found an albino tadpole and I can't find

Customer Question

I recently found an albino tadpole and I can't find information about them. Can you help or direct me to someone who can? thanks, Amy
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.If the tadpole has pink eyes it is a true albino. These are rather rare and do not fare well, since they have no coloration to hide from predators. Those that do survive don’t necessarily turn into white frogs, often they become darker in colour as they grow.An albino frog may have not have laid the eggs, it is possible there is a high amount of the local frog population that carries the gene for albinoism. Joan