Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Aquarium I have a 5 gallon glass fresh water tank can I put

Customer Question

Aquarium I have a 5 gallon glass fresh water tank can I put a 15 gallon filter on the back of it got the tank from Walmart Aquarium is a Glow fish
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,what filterMy name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. and a fish keeper for 40 years.Is the filter made for a 15 gallon tank?What is the name and type of filter? Is it an internal or external power filter?Joan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was won ting to put a 15 gallon filter on the back side of my 5 gallon glass aquarium to make sure it stays clean since I live next to farmers when they plowing the dirt get it to my home some time I want my fish to be happy, got it at Walmart
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
I know the tan and filter but it will be too powerful. They do make a filter that takes care of 5-10 gallons and it is a power filter and that would be fine for the tank. I am sure you could exchange for that at walmart. It would be perfect fr that size tank. I have a 5.5 for a Beta and use that filter.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan