Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Red dry wound on our leopard gecko's tail, looks like a chunk

Customer Question

red dry wound on our leopard gecko's tail, looks like a chunk was taken out of it and now a smaller spot on the other side
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the leopard bleeding a lot?
Customer: no blood it just looks like red skin
JA: Phew. What is the leopard's name and age?
Customer: Cheddar, we are not sure. She's an adult and was a juvenile when we got her 2 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cheddar?
Customer: she doesn't seem to have her regular appetite and she did fall out of her tank 2 months ago and we lost her overnight. We don't think that's when she injured her tail, but can't be sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.Can you tell me about the set up?Diet?Supplements?Substrate?Heat source?Can you post a picture of the tail?Joan