Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

I have a bearded dragon who's prolapsed. JA: I'll do all

Customer Question

I have a bearded dragon who's prolapsed.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dragon?
Customer: We saw the vet today and he stapled his little bottom closed but the staple came out and he's prolapsed again. What should I do?
JA: Where does the dragon seem to hurt?
Customer: No, not really.
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: More irritated I'm trying to help. The staple came out and he's got his guts or anus hanging out his bottom again.
JA: Is the dragon eating normally?
Customer: He had sand in his intestines. He had it removed and he was he prolapsed today.
JA: Is the dragon having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: I'm unsure because he's had his butt stapled up until a few minutes ago when the staple came out.
JA: What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Rumple about 6 months give or take
JA: What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Rumple
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rumple?
Customer: Nope. His staple just came out and i need to know what I can do until I can get to the vet in the morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.Was the Vet you had seen a Herp Vet?Did they put it back in place with sutures and then staple it?Joan