Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

I just changed my turtles water, he's only a baby. He just

Customer Question

Hi, I just changed my turtles water, he's only a baby. He just seems very active right now and is swimming fast towards the top of the water.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your turtle?
Customer: he just seems a bit jittery
JA: Where does your turtle seem to hurt?
Customer: i dont think he is hurt
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the turtle's name and age?
Customer: His name is***** I bought him last week, not sure exact age but i think less than a year
JA: How old is Major Dim Sum?
Customer: I'm not sure. But probably less than 1 yr
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Major Dim Sum?
Customer: he hasnt spent a lot of time on his floating rock since i got him. he also appears to have just pooped in the tank for the first time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'll be glad to help you today, but some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What kind of turtle is this - red eared slider, painted, etc.?How deep is the water in the tank?What are the temperatures in the basking area and in the water?What types of lighting and heating equipment do you have?What size is the tank?If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet because we are just beginning. Thank you.