Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My couple of week old tortuous won't open his eyes JA: I'm

Customer Question

My couple of week old tortuous won't open his eyes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: African tortuous
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the's name and age?
Customer: Stitch and a couple of weeks old
JA: How old is Stitch?
Customer: 10 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Stitch?
Customer: Just that his eyes won't open. He ate some this morning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Can you tell me about Habitat?Substrate?Diet?Supplements?UVB light, strength, linear tube or compact coil and brand?Basking light?Joan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The habitat has the moss flooring, accessible water bowl, Uvb light is 60 watts, coil, diet has been Roman letter and hibiscus leaves. We had a tortuous before and some one took it from our yard... My son is very attached and worried, do I need to bring him to the vet?
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Is it in a tank or a tortoise table?What strength is the UVB coil bulb? Is it a 5.0, 8.0 or 10.0 and was it purchased from a Pet shop?Do you have a basking light?Any supplements?State to locate a Herp Vet?Joan