Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My turtle has a respiratory infection how can I help him JA:

Customer Question

My turtle has a respiratory infection how can I help him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your turtle can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the turtle's name and age?
Customer: Ralphie he's a baby I just got him like a week ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your baby?
Customer: Um well I think he's got a ri cause he gasps for air after I put him in water and he won't open his eyes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile Rescue.What kind of turtle do you have?Can you tell me about Habitat?Substrate?Diet?Supplements?UVB light, strength, linear tube or compact coil and brand?Basking light?Joan