Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

I have a red eye and her back is shedding and she is not eating

Customer Question

I have a red eye and her back is shedding and she is not eating very much is this normal
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: Rafael we first thought it was a male but it's not
JA: How old is Rafael?
Customer: she is 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rafael?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Shedding is very hard on all reptiles and they will slow down on eating. At this point you will want to monitor the Frog and make sure there is no reddening of the skin, she is not loosing weight. If she still continues not to eat, then a Herp Vet visit will be needed. Make sure to keep water cleaned and that you dust food with a good calcium powder. Hit reply for questions on this information.Joan