Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My 13 year old red eared turtle has not eaten and sleeps in

Customer Question

my 13 year old red eared turtle has not eaten and sleeps in the closet constantly. The only time she comes out is to go in the water to pee,etc and then she goes back in the closet to sleep. She has been doing this and hasn't eaten for about 3 weeks. Is there a problem?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. It does sound like there may be a problem, but some additional information will help me determine what steps you should take.Will you describe your turtle's housing for me? Does she have the run of the house and a pool to get into?Is she exposed to any UVB light? If so what type and for how long each day?Does she have a basking light? If so, what is the temperature under it?For how many years has she had this same habitat?If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet because we are just beginning. Thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Spunky. How is everything going?
Anna