Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My corn snake is very lethargic and not really holding her

Customer Question

My corn snake is very lethargic and not really holding her body when picked up. She is also sitting with her mouth open. What could be wrong and what do I do to help her?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will help me determine what steps you should take. What temperature gradient do you maintain in the cage? Is her breathing normal? Has she had a normal appetite? Thank you.