Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

He is extremely thin...wont eat...JA: I'm sorry to hear that.

Customer Question

he is extremely thin...wont eat...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: blue iguana
JA: OK. What is the iguana's name and age?
Customer: im not sure on age.. and his name is zeus
JA: How old is Zeus?
Customer: im not sure
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zeus?
Customer: I would say about a year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile RescueCan you please tell me about the set up?Diet?Supplements?Substrate?UVB bulb, how old, linear tube or compact coil, strength, and Brand?Temps in the enclosure?Do you bathe Zeus?Joan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have him in a 55 gallon tank with a 30 gallon tank on top so its like an L shape... he has a big water dish always full of water. he has a flat food dish. he has carpet underneath his food dish and he has dirt and wood chips on the other side near his water dish. he is extremely picky on what he eats. he will not for some reason eat any greens the only thing he likes is peppers. I have tried several different fruits and vegetables and that is the only thing he will eat is the peppers really any color. and he is on 1 supplement and its the vita calcium and it gets sprinkled on his food in a bowl and then gets put in his tank and he has a uvb bulb brand new when I got him and that was about 3 months ago I would say he is about no more than a year old.... hes very small. temps in the enclosure on the cool side is 65-70 degrees near his hammock and food dish... on the hot side its about 80-85 sometimes even 90. I bathe zeus every other day....
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Can you tell me more about the UVB bulb? Is it a linear tube or compact coild strength and brand?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's just a long bulb that I bought from Petco
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
A Long bulb is good but we need to know if it is a Reptisun 10.0, 8.0 or 5.0. This can make a big difference in the things going on with Zeus.