Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

She hasn't been eating very well lately and has had diarrhea

Customer Question

she hasn't been eating very well lately and has had diarrhea recently.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: Koopa is her name. We got her about a year and a half ago, but not sure of her age.
JA: How old is Kappa?
Customer: I'm not sure. My grandkids bought her from PetSmart a little over a year ago. Her body is about the size of my hand...if that helps with her age.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kappa?
Customer: No, except that she ate some pebbles last year and had to have xrays and was given some medicine to help her pass the pebbles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Koopa is having some problems. Some additional information. Will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What kind of reptile is she?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage, and if she is a water turtle, in the water?What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet because we are only beginning. Thank you.