Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

He's a brand new bearded dragon and a new habitat. I got him

Customer Question

He's a brand new bearded dragon and a new habitat. I got him from PetSmart and they advised I get a infra red light so I did. And he usually does sleep with it as well as in PetSmart when he was there. He was on a road trip with me from Florida to chicago and one night all he had was a heating pad but no light. Now that I'm home I have the red light on like suggested and he won't sleep.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Muffasa. He can't be more than maybe a month or two...he's only like three or 4 inches long
JA: Huh?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's about a month old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Muffasa?
Customer: He has a good appetite. And he takes a lot of naps
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.Can you tell me about set up?Substrate?Diet veggies/Prey?Supplements?UVB light, how old, linear tube or compact coil strength, brand?Basking light?Temps in basking area, warm side and coll side of the tank?Passing normal stool? Joan