Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

We just have our bearded dragon a bath and lots of yellowish

Customer Question

Hi, we just have our bearded dragon a bath and lots of yellowish stuff , like wet skin or dried mucus is coming off his neck. It's not skin as that peels off in a different way.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: She is called Thorn, she is 4 yrs old. Been listles and off food for a while but I thought she was brumating. Also here throat has been darker than usual for a while, cheers ***** ***** is debs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Thorn, She Is 4 Yrs Old?
Customer: Yes 4. No can't think of anything, I had a look in her mouth and didn't see anything unusual
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of Thorn's problem. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the enclosure?What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?What substrate do you use on the cage floor?What do you feed? Any supplements?If possible, a picture would also be nice. If you can get one, you can attach it by cllcking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the space where you type.If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet since we are only just beginning.Thank you.Anna