Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My Leopard Tortoise of 10 years has just dies. It looks like

Customer Question

My Leopard Tortoise of 10 years has just dies. It looks like she blew up. Blood on the side of her shell and organ parts coming out her back side and her face is almost undistinquishable.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the reptile's name?
Customer: Princess
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She has been eating well and she has a heated area to go to a night, but during the day it is about 80 degrees
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles. So sorry for the loss.Did this happen slowly?What was the diet?Supplements?Housing conditions?Anything you tell about what may have led up to this.Joan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This happened over night. Diet was greens no supplements and warm house at night but temp wasn't below 55 degrees
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
You did not mention housing or lighting? Did you house outside or inside? Did you have a UVB light if housed inside? How old, liner tube or compact coil?What type of greens? Did you feed any grass hays or fiber foods?Joan