Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

It is a small turtle that consists of white spots on it. Unsure

Customer Question

It is a small turtle that consists of white spots on it. Unsure if it is a fungus or just do to dehydration
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the turtle's name and age?
Customer: Teddy and it is about 5 months old, the age is uncertain
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?
Customer: He likes to "hybernate", he baries himself in the pebbles that are placed in his tank but seems to be fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.What type of turtle do you have?Diet?Supplements?UVB bulb, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?Basking light?Can you post a picture of the turtle so I can get a visual.Joan