Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My turtle has a swollen eye and i've been giving him drops

Customer Question

My turtle has a swollen eye and i've been giving him drops since friday i wanna say two time a day and it's looking a lot better but i also noticed that he has a tiny lump between his eye and mouth nothing huge and hasnt grown but i just need to get know if i should take him somewhere (i cant afford a vet trip right now) or if there is any home remedies i can do to help him out hes maybe about 2.5 inches
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I ave been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Can you tell me what type of turtle you have?Diet?Supplements?UVB light, linear tube or compact coil and strength?Can you post a picture of the eyes and bump?Joan