Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Anna My baby blue to My baby blue tongues x 3 have contracted

Customer Question

Hi Anna My baby blue to My baby blue tongues x 3 have contracted mites
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I moved them to a proper heated enclusure 4 weeks ago, and I noticed they started going white and their skin was shedding. Yesterday one was really lethargic and on picking him up - there were the mites We washed them in warm water and got rid of a lot of the dead skin. Have popeed them into a different enclosuer I have read of all soerts of treatments to kill mites not sure which is best for babies
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Reptile Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech fr 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.To get rid of the mites you need to clean and sterilize the take with bleach and hot water. Cleaning every square inch with the solution and then rinsing well. You will need to dispose of bedding hide and sterilize dishes. You will need to soak your Bluie in a Betadine and warm water solution diluted to a dark tea color and soak twice a day for 3 days. This should get the job done do not let him drink the solution. It is safe for bathing. http://www.anapsid.org/mites.htmlJoan
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan