Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

My bearded dragon has a few issues. I already know she has

Customer Question

My bearded dragon has a few issues. I already know she has 2 parasites, which she is being treated for. However I started noticing other strange behaviors. Keeping her eyes closed often, hiding under the mesh hammock under her lights, and twitching her back leg. Could these all be from the stress of a vet visit or the parasites? Her eyes open to any noises and she is fully alert, but as soon as everything stops, her eyes close again. Also she only twitches her leg when it comes into contact with something. My hand, water, etc. I don't see any swelling either.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. This could be due to stress, but there are a couple of health possibilities, too. some additional information may help to narrow it down.Is your dragon eating and passing droppings normally?What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the enclosure?Does she receive any supplements to her diet?What are the medications she is on for the parasites?If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that yet because we are just beginning.Thank you.Anna