Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

What type of tortoises that are small but they have spots on

Customer Question

What type of tortoises that are small but they have spots on them and they have red eyes
Submitted: 6 months ago via TotallyTortoise.
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Someone stated he was a red Russian tortoise but I've seen all the pictures and is not one that has their pupils are red he has reddish tight orange spots on his legs and then has some colors on his face and there's a little bit yellow going around his shell
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anna replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'll be happy to help you today. Some additional information will be useful.If possible, a photo would be most helpful. To upload one, just click on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the area where you type. Instructions will pop up. If a picture isn't possible, let me know.Also, tell me where you got the tortoise - did you find it, but it in a pet store, etc.If you are asked to rate my service, don't do that yet because we are just beginning.AnnaAnna
Expert:  Anna replied 6 months ago.
It appears you went offline without seeing my request for more information. I don't want to make you wait any longer, so I'm going to attach a picture for you to look at. From your description, I think you may have a box turtle, not a tortoise. The photo I'm sending is of a box turtle. They are not all colored alike - the patterns on the head, legs, and shells can be different. Take a look at the picture and see if it looks similar. If it doesn't, let me know, and we'll proceed from there. Anna
Expert:  Anna replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?