Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.

He isn't eating barely moving and he's pale, He was on s

Customer Question

He isn't eating barely moving and he's pale
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: He was on his back this morning :(
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the reptile?
Customer: He's seven his name is cuddles
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. The 'virtual assistant' (which is what you first interacted with) didn't ask all the relevant information about cuddles, so I'll need to do that. I appreciate your patience.

What kind of reptile is he - bearded dragon, tortoise, turtle, gecko, etc.?

What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the enclosure ? If he's a turtle, what is the water temperature?

How long has Cuddles not been eating?

What do you feed him? any supplements?

Unless he's a gecko, what brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is a bearded dragon and his basking light is 100 degrees, I feed him lettuce and fruits I put crickets in his cage and he turned white and has been weird ever since
Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. Do you mean he doesn't normally eat crickets?Do you have a UVB light? If yes, what brand?Does he get a calcium supplement?How long has he been like this?Sorry for so many questions, but all this information is important.
Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?