Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My name is ***** *****. I own a ~7-year old (he was re-homed

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** *****. I own a ~7-year old (he was re-homed to me) bearded dragon named Cappie who has a slimy buildup around his mouth. I'm currently soaking him and helping to remove the buildup.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cappie has always been very lethargic, but lately has been refusing to eat kale or his pellet food. I'm afraid he's dangerously malnourished.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Reptile Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This has happened in the past, but a ~15 minute soak will normally revive him (I say revive because he will do little other than sleep and bask otherwise).
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you tell me about the set up and size of the tank?

Substrate?

UVB light, Linear tube or compact coil, strength how old and brand?

Basking light?

Diet prey/veggies?

Supplements?

temps in Basking area, warm side and cool side of tank?

Joan