Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Could a huge crocodile attack and eat a human, what would

Customer Question

hello ,could a huge crocodile attack and eat a human, what would happen to any clothes worn, if eaten aswell , like shorts ?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. Yes, such an attack is possible. There are several species of crocodiles around the world that are responsible for fatal attacks on humans, but most such attacks are by the Nile crocodile. The crocodiles that carry out the attacks are about 3 meters long, but they can be twice that size. It is thought that Nile crocodiles kill hundreds of people in poor areas of Africa every year. Crocodiles in Asia, Australia, and some tropical islands are also responsible for a number of fatal attacks. The saltwater crocs of Australia are known for the aggressiveness.

Most clothing these days is made from synthetic materials that are not digestible. The strong digestive juices of a crocodile would damage such clothes - fading, holes etc., but what was left would be passed out in the animal's droppings.

I hope this information helps.

Anna

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service only after you have all the information you need. Thank you!

Expert:  Anna replied 8 months ago.

Hello again,

Do you need any additional information?

Anna