Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My bearded dragon got into a fit with its tank make. Her

Customer Question

My bearded dragon got into a fit with its tank make. Her eyelids were bitten. No open wound or discharge. Will the heal on their own?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dragon bleeding a lot?
Customer: No blood
JA: Phew. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Nameless is her name and she's about 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Name?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile Rescue.

The Dragon should be seen by a Herp Vet for an Opthalmic ointment to aid with healing and and to also check the eye itself for injuries like a corneal abrasion which is common in this instance.

I suggest using some sterile saline for the eyes to clean them. We normally do not hose two dragons together because of injuries and territorial issues. A male will over breed a femal if housed together. so they are kept separate and the femal is brought to the male for breeding and then separated after the breeding.

If you need a Herp Vet please supply a State to locate some for you.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan