Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

The last few days the waste she has passed as been very red.

Customer Question

The last few days the waste she has passed as been very red. Like bright/dark red. I am not sure if it is from her eating beets and raspberries
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: sam she is a 14 year old green iguana
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sam?
Customer: She is not lethargic, still eating and drinking normally, no abnormal behaviour
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

1. It is very encouraging that Sam is otherwise happy and healthy, in this sort of situation you will be taking very little risk in just taking all forms of red pigmented food out of her diet { Beets and Raspberries } for a few days and see what happens. If she then returns to normal then that is your answer.

2. If the problem then continues it would be best to have your vet check her over. Your vet may want a faecal sample in a clean glass container to check for parasites and odd bacteria.

But my experience with this species is that if they are acting normally and are bright and eating then this is not likely to be anything too serious.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Sam is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the red poop ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Vet_Answers