Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

I accidently dropped something on my beardies foot. It

Customer Question

I accidently dropped something on my beardies foot. It affected 3 toes. It did bleed .one of his toes looks almost cut off. What can I do? Will he be ok. He is only 4 months old but good and healthy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Bearded dragon
JA: OK. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Ziggy
JA: Huh?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** citrus beardie.with a great appetite
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ziggy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Healthy eats alot..just concerned about his toes
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't find the refundable info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How are you going to send the refundable info? Also my email is: ******@***.***. thanks,Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still haven't got a reply about my bearded dragon yet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can you Please post a Picture of the affected foot, so I can get a Visual on it? I will be happy to assist you.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wondering if I should get it amputated
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Thank-you I just viewed the toes and foot. The toe may be able to be saved. I suggest bahting the food in a Betadine and warm water solution. Once that is done and it is cleaned, apply Neosporin to the foot. This will help prevent infection and aid with healing. If the toe gets black, then at that point the Herp Vet will have to amputate the toe. I can tell you they function very well and adapt if they do loose a toe or foot. I do apologize that you had to wait. As soon as I came online I answered. If you need a Herp Vet please let me know and supply a State and I can locate some for you.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that.thanks!
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I hope that will help. I do no see a lot of swelling which is a good thing. If I have addressed your concerns, please take amoment to rate my services 5 Stars. and Please let me know how the Dragon is doing.

Joan